2. "I get my best ideas when the
telephone rings & rings. It’s no fun
To feel like a fool-when your
“The American Night”
3. “It hurts to set you free, but you’ll never follow me.”
5. “A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself – and especially to feel. Or not feel. (…) That's what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is… Most people love you for who you pretend to be….To keep their love, you keep pretending – performing.”
“Jim Morrison: Ten Years Gone”
6. “If they say I never loved you You know they are a liar”
7. “People are afraid of themselves – or their own reality – their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel?”
“Jim Morrison: Ten Years Gone"
8. “You’re too young to be old. You don’t need to be told You want to see things as they are."
“The Opening of the Trunk”